Consultation / Training
Many professionals work on a day-to-day basis with students, children, colleagues and individual clients and have a relationship, which, can create a context for change. However, it is easy to become over whelmed with other people’s emotions or difficulties and feel pressure from organisational expectations, this makes it difficult to think clearly about solutions or ways forward. Professionals can then feel ‘stuck’ or develop a sense of hopelessness which leads to stress and burn out and a breakdown in relationships leading to further difficulties. Offering consultation allows an observer perspective and therefore problems can be considered differently and solutions found.
A consultation helps a client/organisation solve a problem through exploring relationships and the positions that people take with regard to a problem or difficulty. Each person’s position will carry different beliefs and values and in order for people to adopt different perspectives and move forward these values beliefs and the way they are communicated need to be explored.
Consultation involves working jointly to create new ways of perceiving, describing and acting in a situation so that solutions can be found and new ideas and ways of working are established for future use.
futureminds are able to offer consultation to professionals about individual cases and to organisations about relationship/communication difficulties.
We have been running a 2 day training course for Fostering Agencies on 'Attaching and Connecting' which has received excellent feedback.
The course includes:
- Attachment theory using up to date brain research
- Defining terms such as scaffolding, containment, attunement, reciprocity, off age behaviour, inner to outer brain, strong sitting
- How the brain can be helped in healing
- Building relationships with children with attachment
- Understanding and reframing attachment behaviours
- Adult attachment styles
- Attachment and developmental trauma
- Secondary trauma
The training will use power point presentation, DVD, case studies and experiential learning to ensure different adult learning styles are catered for.
The training day is suitable for Social Workers, Teachers, School Nurses, Foster Carers, Adopters and anyone who works with children with behavioural issues due to poor attachments.
The training day starts at 10.00 am and finishes at 4.30 pm but can be adapted to suit foster carers placement restrictions.
Futureminds also offers both full and half day training events, courses and information sessions on:
- Family relationships
- Solution focused techniques
- Impact of abuse
- Domestic violence
- Mental health of children, adolescents and their families
- Understanding children’s behaviour
- Working with children’s challenging behaviour
- Working with children with attention and concentration difficulties (ADHD)
- Stress/anxiety/anger management
And a range of other mental health issues.
For more information on any of the above please contact us.